Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Love of God

Have you ever felt alone, depressed or feel like there is no hope?  We all have felt this at sometime and I hope that by reading this we can all remember that we are never without the love of God.  This subject is difficult to talk about because I can't even begin to imagine or comprehend the love that God has for all of us.  It is so great and incredible that I could never do it justice.    In the common enlish language we say, "I love my family" and also "I love chocolate cake", but in the Greek language there are 4 different forms of love. These forms of love seperate the word, they are eros, storge, philia, and agape. Agape is the highest form of love and the love that God has for all of His children.  This is an unconditional love for others in spite of their flaws and weaknesses.  Our Heavenly Father loves us no matter what and always will.  Some think they are not loved but that is because they look at what the world offers and not God.  He blesses us so much.  Too often we let what others think drive the veiw of ourselves.  I believe that we need not worry what they think because they do not know our hearts but the Lord does.  As the Lord said to Samuel in the Bible, "...for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart."  A modern prophet said this, " I believe that He doesn’t care one bit if we live in a castle or a cottage, if we are handsome or homely, if we are famous or forgotten. Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely. Though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly. Though we may feel lost and without compass, God’s love encompasses us completely."-Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "The Love of God," , (October 3, 2009).
I wrote this of God's love:
You and I, God's children from above
Sent from Him but never without His love
As a nourishing mother would care for her young one
God is our Father, each of us a daughter or a son
Day by day some wonder if He's even there
He is and day after day He does care
So much sorrow upon this earth but we need not fear
Protecting and guiding us is our Father, oh so near
Physically there seems to be a seperation
But spiritually there is an eternal connection
His love surrouds us, allow it to embrace you
Loving all, never ending, no matter what we do
Turning to Him, we can feel of His love
There is lasting joy with Him found above



Early on in my mission I felt alone and needed His love.  I went to Him in earnest prayer, He answered.  At that moment I was filled with immense love that can't be described.  I was no longer alone.  I was no longer afraid.  I had more joy than ever before.  This is available to each of us. Go to Him and feel of His love.  I know God loves us more than imaginable.  He does live and watch out for us.
Also check out the poems page for another thought about love.  God's love is everywhere sometimes we just need to look.    

2 comments:

Elder Bowen Ingram said...

Elder Anderson, that poem is fantastic. I know i would be nowhere without the love that God has for me. I love knowing that i have a Father in Heaven i can always turn to when i need it!

Unknown said...

I don't fully understand what love is and I'm glad to know that God does. We always need to seek approval and gain love and trust from others but from God its already there - there are no conditions and that's what is awesome