Thursday, March 10, 2011

"I will give you rest"

With all that we do in life, we have things that try to weigh us down.  Think just for a moment on those things that emotionally, mentally, or physically affect you all the time.  Wouldn't you just love to rid yourself of these things and feel free from them?  I know I would.  Whether it's past sin, the emotional damage of your loss or the stress of day to day life; there is way to find peace and rest.  That peace and rest is found with our Lord, Jesus Christ.  He gives us this invitation in the Bible, "come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."(Matt. 11:28)  Our Savior truly knows what we are going through.  He is the One who can bring us that feeling of relief that we all desire.  Sometimes it is just letting go of what we have held on to for so long, we know that we can all "cast thy burden upon the Lord".(Psalms 55:22) By turning to Him and applying the sacrifice that He made for each one of us, then we can be free from the burden we carry.  I have had to turn to my Savior many times in my own life and I can testify that there is peace and joy found there.  I can't even describe it but as you let Christ help you carry the load, then you will feel His love fill your life and replace the things you wish to dispel. This song is one of my favorites and teaches us to go to the Lord.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

Matt. 11:28 is one my favorite scriptures & along with “Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.” 1 Peter 5:7. I love these scriptures & I have a personal testimony of their truthfulness. Several years ago I was experiencing a true test of my faith & it was challenge to my walk with the Lord. I was hit with bunch problems & circumstances for all areas of my life. Another words, I was hit with everything except the kitchen skin. At one point it was so dark that I didn't know which way was up or down. I felt anxious & full of despair – no hope for tomorrow.

It was during this dark period that I came across these scriptures. I went into my prayer closet & sought the Lord's face. It was during my prayer time the Lord led me to write all my problems & circumstances on piece of paper. Then I was led by the spirit to roll up the sheet of paper into a paper ball & then I cast it across the room. Another words, I was casting my cares on Him. When I did, the heaviness was lifted off me & I felt at peace too.

The following the day after, while I was cleaning my bedroom, I picked up the piece of paper & threw it in the garbage. Shortly after doing that, I felt those burdens press against my spirit & that cloud darkness was engulfing me again. I ran to my payer closet & sought out Heavenly Father & asking why I was experiencing what I was experiencing. The Lord showed me by picking up that piece of paper; I was picking up my burdens again. So immediately, I cast that piece of paper (those problems) back unto my Lord. Again the dark cloud was lifted & peace reign in the situation.

I can testify that when we cast our cares upon Him – He does give us rest. No matter what the problem is, He can work it out. It says Romans 8:28 “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose.”