Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Another Testament

The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ is a volume of scripture comparable to the Bible and is the word of God.  I love the Book of Mormon so much.  I have grown up reading and studying from it and I have always loved it.  However it wasn't until recently that I gained a true passion for the book.  The Book of Mormon begins with a family who left Jerusalem before its destruction and was guided by the Lord to the American continents.  It is a history of their descendants and their dealings with God.  This ancient record was abridged and compiled on plates of gold by a prophet, Moroni, who hid them in a hill in western New York.  The prophet Joseph Smith was shown where they were by the then angel Moroni and afterwards translated the record by the power of God into what we have now as The Book of Mormon.  The Book of Mormon is convincing evidence that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that The Church of Jesus Christ is the Lord’s kingdom here upon the earth.  Also as the title says it is a testament of Jesus Christ.  Through the book we can strengthen our faith and our knowledge in the Savior of the world.  By reading and praying about the Book of Mormon is how we come to know it’s true.  In the introduction to the book it reads,  “We invite all men everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in their hearts the message it contains, and then to ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ if the book is true. Those who pursue this course and ask in faith will gain a testimony of its truth and divinity by the power of the Holy Ghost.” (See Moroni 10:3–5.)  I know that this is true, for I have taken this invitation and I now know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.  I extend the same invitation to find out for yourself if the book is true, it can answer the many questions of the soul that you might have.  If you already know its true then continue to study and read from it, you can strengthen your own faith and testimony by doing so.  Once again I testify of The Book of Mormon, it is true!  It can bring so much peace and happiness to the life of the reader, for it has to mine.  I love that book and will defend it forever.  I owe the truth found within my life and my great joy.  Watch this video and hear an Apostle of the Lord testify of the divinity of The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

Stephen Rogers said...

Elder Anderson,

Your testimony blessed me & thank you for sharing it. I was also blessed by Bro. Holland's words about the prophet Joseph Smith last testimony on Book of Mormon gave me goose bumps. It shows the faithfulness of the prophet by sealing his testimony with his blood. I had a testimony before on the Book of Mormon before I left the Church & now as I read & study it, my testimony has been renewed. I know that this Book is another of our savior Jesus Christ. Thank you for sharing it with me.